Thursday, July 2, 2009

Learning.

Recently, I've come to the conclusion that I have a lot to learn.  I know, I know... a shocking proclamation coming from me, but I feel like I should let you, my readers, know.

I mean, there's so much out there to learn, and I know only a tiny speck of what is to know.  I used to feel a little insecure about CCU because they don't offer the world's largest array of degree programs.  But then I started thinking about other universities, and even though they offer more options, they still don't offer everything.  I have a feeling that no matter what university I could have gone to, I would have felt the same way... I have this annoying tendency to not like what I have.

However, despite all there is to know, there are a few things that I really want to learn.  The top seven are as follows:

1. Another Language - I only took two years of Spanish in high school, which means that I'm rather far from fluent.

2. Photoshop - I've seen some really sweet stuff done with picture editing programs, and I want to learn how to do it myself.  Plus, who wouldn't want to put Hans' face on a variety of different animals... crabs, horses, birds.  The possibilities are endless!

3. Final Cut  - (Or some other legit video-editing program).  I've discovered that I really like to make videos.  Unfortunately, I'm editing them all on iMovie, which isn't exactly up to Hollywood standards.

4. Boxing and Kickboxing - Maybe it's the "guy" in me, but I want to learn to fight.  Three years of wrestling taught me that wrestling isn't very applicable to real-life situations.  Although I don't plan on fighting people (rather the opposite, actually) for some reason I still want to know how.

5. Magic Tricks - It would be sweet to have a hand quicker than the eye.  And everyone loves magic!

6. Card Counting - It's not gambling if you know you're going to win!

7. Engine Mechanics - I would love to be able to take apart and rebuild an engine, or just troubleshoot and fix stuff under the hood.

Well there you have it... Some things I want to learn sometime.  Anyone know some good teachers?



Thanks for reading,

-Daniel K

No comments: