Wednesday, November 7, 2007

!Nuevo!

!Hola por la pueblocita de Puerto Penasco!

(I hope that's actually Spanish and not some hybrid of Gibberish and Old Norse...)

Anyway, I'm here in the town of Puerto Penasco, Mexico.  If you're wondering, it's at the tip of the Sea of Cortez, around this place called Rocky Point.  It's been a total of roughly 89,642 adventures to get to where I am now, so I'll just skim over the ones that pop into my mind...

Set?  Go!

-We had a total of 2 out of 3 motorcycles break down on our way to Vegas on Saturday... mine was the only one that didn't cop out.  (Huzzah!)  My dad's had some minor electrical problems and so he sent my uncle to continue on his way while I helped him out.  Then after some time, when we figured out what was wrong, he sent me off after my uncle and sent Phil (our amigo who is driving his truck,) back to Hawthorne to get my dad's battery charged.  Then I more or less blew right past my uncle, who was broken down on the side of the road... but it's not so bad because about an hour later, my dad and Phil blew right past him, too.  (Don't worry, once we all got into cell reception, we coordinated and had a U-Haul on it's way to pick him up.

-I felt like I was in some kind of an action movie on Sunday afternoon, because my dad and I found ourselves hauling through the Southern Arizona desert towards the border with Mexico, racing against the setting sun and both trying to figure out ways to convince the Federales to let us through.  (Dad had to disconnect his headlight because of affirmentioned electrical problems.)  (Don't worry, we made it.)

-The tides here are crazy, so during low tide you have about 200 yards of would-be submerged sand to write on... Which may be childish, but I did it anyway.  Now my name's forever written on the bottom of the sea!

-The comparison is stark here... we're in multimillion dollar condos on the beach, and not even a half a mile inland from us, in Puerto Pensaco, are shacks housing several families at once.  I seem to be the only one staying here who is bothered by it.

-The other day I bought a genuine Luchadore mask from a street vendor (I bargained him down from 20 American dollars to 12.  Booyah!)   He called it "The Blue Demon," and my uncle and I have since formed the super duo of The Blue Demon and his faithful sidekick, Viking Man.  Our mission: protect the Mexican Way!  We've foiled many Pinata burning attempts and even stopped a few touristas from draining the infinity pool!  El Fantastico!

-We made this salsa on the first day here, and they (Dad, Uncle Allen, Phil, and Chris [Phil's brother,]) added like 14 gallons of olive oil, so it tastes gross!  And I should have said something, because so far its been an ingredient in EVERYTHING!  Shrimp, eggs, tacos, cheese dip, even stir fry.  No me gusta.  :(

-Speaking of adventures, my uncle (Viking Man,) just asked if I want to go down to the ocean with him...  When duty calls, The Blue Demon must answer!

Farewell!


-El Daniel

P.S. Don't tell Senora Lozada I'm using such blatant Spanglish in my blogging... The Blue Demon dares not upset her!

No comments: