Thursday, April 30, 2009

Stats.

Back in the day when I used to play video games,* I always enjoyed one thing the most. At the end of certain games (like Jak and Daxter, for instance,) they would offer you a glimpse at your stats throughout the game. These stats included "Enemies killed," "Enemies spared," "Shots fired," "Specials collected," and so on. The game kept track of almost everything you did during play, and then after the final cut scene you could look over it all and marvel at your awesomeness.

I was thinking the other day, what with the end of my first year in college drawing to a close,** about that feature in video games. What if we had that feature in our own lives? What if, at the end of big events like high school, for instance, we could look back over our stats. I wonder what stats I would be most interested in? I've decided on a few that I would want to know in regard to this last school year...

-Number of books read
-Hours of TV watched
-Time spent reading the Bible
-Time spent surfing the internet
-People I've encouraged
-People I've put down
-Money saved
-Money spent on entertainment
-Hours spent doing homework/studying
-Hours spent watching movies/internet cartoons

I wonder what those stats would be. I wonder how I'd feel about the answers. I wonder what I can do this day to improve them...


Thanks for Reading,

-Daniel K



*Now I'm much more sophisticated, what with longboarding and gallon challenges.
**WHAT?!

No comments: