Friday, October 5, 2007

Brilliant!

It's been cold in good 'ol Dayton recently. I mean like go-outside-and-start-your-car-15-minutes-early cold.

And wet. Oh, rain - always with the sense of humor... "I'm not gunna come hang out all summer, but as soon as things get cold, I'll go crazy!"

Buy I digress.*

What I really want to write about (or blog about, depending on how you wanna look at it,) is my in genius discovery today. Now, this isn't anything like the "you can send yourself a message on Myspace" discovery or anything. (Nor is it quite up with the "Milk-N-Cereal" idea, but it's pretty cool nonetheless.) I was a-walking out in the cold, windy rain earlier today when I was struck with a sudden notion - "I want to cover my head!" So I pull up my hood, and was instantly rewarded with the wind ceasing to tap dance on the back of my neck, and the rain being prevented from assaulting my head.

And it came to me: hoods are like portable forts.

Think about it! You're outside, it's cold, and you want to be inside. Unfortunately, there's no inside to go to. So what can you do? Put up your hood, you silly sleepy head! Then you have this little shelter around your noggin' that keeps the warm in and the cold out. And it even comes with a handy viewing-screen that allows you to see what's all going on! Genius!

So next time you find yourself wanting to be indoors, just reach back and go inside your fort!**


-Daniel

*Every time I say that, I feel really prestigious... like I should be sitting in an armchair in front of a fire, wearing a robe and smoking a pipe. Anyone else?
**Of course, what good is a fort without a name? So far I've got "No Girls Allowed" (a classic,) "The Dome Gnome," and "Big Red." All superlative fort names, If I don't say so myself.

No comments: