Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The First Decree:

Hear ye! Hear ye! His Kingship demands that you listen!

So there I was, minding my own business, meandering through the halls of Dayton High with Campaign playing on my iPod. When suddenly, out of the shadows* comes Amber with a piece of paper. She strolls up with a business-like air and stops in front of me. Perplexed, I hit -PAUSE- and raise my eyebrows as she starts to speak.

"Finally - I've been looking all over for you!"

"Oh. What's up?"

"You've been nominated for Homecoming King."

"Seriously?"

"Yup. So do you want to run or not?"

"Uhhhh. Well.... uhhhh..."**

So I began thinking:

Homecoming King? Me?! That's kinda cool. Kind weird, but kinda cool. Okay, Daniel, think through this - you don't have time to throw together a Stomp for a skit, and you won't even be here for the crowning because of the cross country meet in Lowry. But of course you'd win. I mean, with your heart wrenching good looks and witty intellect,*** who wouldn't vote for you? And then after you win, you can begin your long-awaited reign! You'll be called "King Daniel," and you can rename Dayton to Stankerville, just like you always wanted, and you can hook lemonade up to the drinking fountains and make Band a required class.

Ooh! And don't forget to make your throne out of math books! And require everyone to speak with a fake accent, and have fake mustaches for sale at lunch time! And lastly, decree that the school year shall end on November 13th, that way you can graduate as soon as you're 18. Perfect! Not just say "yes."

"No, I don't think I will."

"Oh, okay. Thanks anyway. I'll go ask Hans if he wants to run. Bye!"

Are you kidding me?! Did I mention a throne out of math books? Psh, whatever man. See if I help you out again.

Aw, fruit! Oh well, 'Daniel the Squire' is a pretty cool title, too.

-PLAY-




*Or the leadership room.
**Sometimes my verbal skills astound even me.
***Or lack thereof.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

aww man, you should have done it! boo...