Saturday, September 1, 2007

Terrorists, Seating Charts, Cosine Graphs, and a Snare Drum.

Well, school has finally started. This summer was so packed-full of "coincedences," awesome memories, and life-changing experiences that the Daniel who went in to school the morning of Thursday, June 7th to take his Marine Science and English III finals seems like a long-forgotten memory. (Hence the last, super-long blog... Sorry about that.)

Being a senior? Meh. I guess it's cool. I mean, if you're into AP classes, jobs, college planning, and free periods. If you're into aircraft hijacking simulations in Government, or the looming intensity of Calculus, or English classes full of long books, or playing at football games in the band.

I'm....... undecided. Sure, it's fun to have a double-lunch because of my free period, and it's cool to be "the top" of the school, and writing college application essays, however tedius, will help later on, but I just can't, I dunno, get into it this year? (I can't think of how to word it exactly.) The past years, my focus has been so close - Dayton, sports, grades, an occasional Reno trip. But this year, it's different. It's like I had my nose in a Gameboy for the past few years, and I just looked up to see some people shredding Guitar Hero on the big screen.*

But hey, the Gameboy does have two screens now, and it even has the stylus that you can use to poke Mario's eyes with! So like I said, I'm undecided. I guess one thing keeping my eyes on the Gameboy is that no matter how much I want to, I can't go shred on the plastic guitar until I get this "diploma" thing, no matter how many times I've defeated Bowser.

And with that final nail in the coffin of my coolness,** I'm gunna go.


Later,

Daniel K

*Me + Nerdy Metaphores = True Love.
**The cat's pajamas are overrated, anyway.

No comments: